Wednesday, 8 March 2017

The Beauty of Horror coloring: Medusa Gorgon

The Beauty of Horror coloring book, Medusa Gorgon

Hello!
I have started coloring a new book, the famous The Beauty of Horror by Alan Robert. Since I have seen a flip through of this book on YouTube I wanted it. I am not a big fan of horror genre, be it movies, literature or animation. But couldn't help but fall in love with the illustrations in this book. They are beautifully scary and frightfully beautiful. And this is the first image from the book that I colored.

The Beauty of Horror coloring book

The face of this lady, presumably Medusa Gorgon, is quite disgusting and all those snakes...yuck... but still I enjoyed coloring the illustration. What I used: Derwent Artist 72 colored pencils and Derwent Pastel pencils for the background. I know background is supposed to be colored firstly but it just doesn't work with me, background is the last thing that I color in.
Well, I hope you liked my Medusa Gorgon
Till the next time

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! What a beautifully coloured Medusa....as you said frightfully beautiful and beautifully scary. Love the bright colours!!! 😍😍😍

    ReplyDelete