Thursday, 17 November 2016

The Golden Pharaoh

Relax with Art coloring magazine: pharaoh image

Hello! Here I am again with a new finished coloring page. This one is from the Relax with Art UK colouring magazine. The image is from their October issue. Besides being full of interesting illustrations of different topics the magazine holds a competition where the winner will get a 150 set of Prismacolor pencils. So, I decided to try my luck. In any case, I did enjoy doing my pharaoh.
Thinking of pharaohs I always imagine those gold sarcophagi decorated with lapis lazuli, turquoise and carnelian stones. So, for my pharaoh I decided to experiment a little and to use gold tempera paint. Here and there I added some bronze as well, just to create an illusion of shade. As the result the pharaoh turned out quite majestic. Here is a flash photo which gives you idea about the luster.

Golden Pharaoh adult coloring page

Besides those already mentioned gold and bronze tempera paints I also used acrylic, markers and pencils for this illustration. Here is the before and after photo. As you can see I painted over some patterns - on the face and arms, just thought there were a bit too much of them...


I know my pharaoh is not perfect but on the whole I am quite happy with how the guy turned out. Plus it was fun experimenting with different types of paint.
That's all for today.
Happy coloring!

No comments:

Post a Comment