Thursday, 10 November 2016

Sea stars and shells on glittering background

adult coloring book

Hello! 
I've been out of blogosphere for a while but I kept coloring whenever I got a free minute. Today I will show another sea theme page. All the creatures here are colored with markers. Above you can see the first variant of my coloring of this page. I did the background in watercolor pencils with slight shadowing around the creatures. Then I didn't like the result at all. The background turned out too pale and I hated the shadowing. And on the whole the picture looked rather boring. So, I decided to change the background, to make it much brighter. This time I used watercolor. Yeah, the result was quite bright and beautiful but patchy here and there. Again I was not happy. Then I added some glitter on those patchy areas. Looked much better.


Still I was not quite satisfied, like something was missing. Until I draw white borders around all the creatures. Then, it felt perfect. So, here is the final variant of this coloring page. Perhaps it looks a bit Christmasy with all that glitter, haha, but I like it.

Adult coloring: sea theme colored with markers, glitter and watercolor

As I mentioned before I used markers (different brands), paper glitter and watercolor for coloring this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment