Thursday, 13 October 2016

Lost Ocean coloring: the Palace

Lost Ocean coloring book, the palace

This is the first illustration from the Lost Ocean book that I colored. From all the four coloring books by Johanna Basford this one is my favorite. I called this page "The Emerald Palace" and obviously that's why the palace is colored in shades of green. The surrounding pattern in bright colors makes a nice contrast to it. Mostly I used pencils here with occasional markers here and there on small details.
Once again me and my daughthers (both this time) decided to work on the illustration at the same time. Here you can see their works. They had their own vision of the palace.

Completed Palace illustration from the Lost Ocean

I like all the shadings on this one. The work is done with colored pencils

Lost Ocean coloring page

Nice contrast between the black-and-white patterns and the brightness of the palace. Everything except the background here is colored with markers.

different variants of palace coloring from Lost Ocean
Happy coloring!


1 comment:

  1. Wow!!!! All 3 places look great!!! Love the emerald colours in your picture and the bright details. Love the shading on the 2nd picture and I like the black and white contrast with the coloured palace in the 3rd picture. Nice idea to colour one 1 picture to see how each colours it differently!!!

    ReplyDelete