Wednesday, 19 October 2016

"Africa" coloring: woman in a bright turban

Adult coloring: african woman illustration

Finally, I was brave enough to try and color a human face. I am quite happy with the result though the paper of this book doesn't love pencils and it is really hard to get a smooth effect while blending. Besides the paper has a few patches here and there which makes the task even harder. Anyway, on the whole the illustration looks quite lovely and I really like it.

Africa coloring book, before and after illustration

For the coloring I used markers and fineliners for smaller details and colored pencils for everything else. And the woman's earrings I colored with a glittering gel pen in the shade of gold.
The illustration is from the Africa: Patterns of the World coloring book (Russian edition) and that is just the right theme for me cause I like using bright colors and what Africa is associated with? With bright colors. There are two more illustration of African women in the book as well as some animals and masks all drawn in a specific stylized way.
That's all for today.
Happy coloring!

No comments:

Post a Comment